Health & Safety
We recognise the importance of maintaining good standards of health and safety management and the impact this has on the effectiveness and sustainability of our business and activities.
All our people are expected to strive to achieve the highest standards of health and safety management and to comply fully with our systems.
In accordance with our duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the current Construction Design Management Regulations, and all other statutory provisions, we undertake to produce our statutory duties by:
• Providing adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from work activities
• Ensuring that all employees receive training and have access to information on matters affecting their health and safety
• Providing and maintaining safe work equipment
• Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work
• Recruiting, appointing or training personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility
• Preventing accidents and cases of work-related ill health; and
• Maintaining safe and healthy working conditions
We have a responsibility to protect the environment and we are continually working to minimise our impact through good environmental practice. We manage our processes and activities to reduce any negative impact from our operations.
We aim to:
• Design and build sustainably by considering the environmental and social impacts of our activities.
• Enhance the environment when integrating buildings into their surroundings.
• Protect biodiversity.
• Use materials, suppliers, labour and resources local to our activities.
• Recycle and reduce waste.
• Improve efficiency and reduce the use of natural resources.
Our ability to attract, recruit and retain staff is built on our commitment to ensuring our people realise their full potential. We are committed to equality and fairness in our recruitment process and are an equal opportunity employer. We also actively encourage our people to develop their awareness and understanding of sustainability issues.
We aim to;
• Create safe, engaging work environments for people to learn, develop and excel.
• Invest in training and development at every level to ensure our people reach their full potential.
• Inspire excellence through mutual respect and open communication.